Where's Your Book Today?

That's what people always say to me at work, if I don't have a book or my PDA or my eBookwise Reader with me at lunch. I love to read and I guess it's obvious. So many books, so little time...and so much dust in my apartment.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

"Blackhawk Legacy" by Barbara McCauley

Okay, it probably isn't fair that I read "Blackhawk Legacy" right after the last one, but once I realized I had another follow up to this series, I figured I might as well get them all out of the way at once.

Besides, I actually bought this book first. The cover caught my eye - I thought it was totally hot without being obscene!

"Blackhawk Legacy" is a full-length Silhouette novel, rather than a category, with a romantic suspense plot. If I had graded this on the romance alone, I probably would have scored it higher, but the villain was so cartoonishly evil, I could only give it a 3.5 rating.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I read this book last weekend and have already forgotten too much of it to give a good description. I'd graded it and set it aside. The only reason I remember how much the villain annoyed me is because I used him as a "discussion starter" over on the eBooklove Yahoo chat group.

I do remember that the hero, Dillon, wasn't as hard as he wanted people to believe. That's typical for most tortured romance heroes. It's that tender heart they've been protecting for years. And I liked the heroine, Rebecca's, tenacity in tracking Dillon down. But I'm afraid I can't remember enough of the details to give you much more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home